By Thomas B. L. Kirkwood, Cary L. Cooper
Wellbeing in Later Life makes use of the newest study from numerous disciplines to handle and proper universal myths and misconceptions approximately aging.
- Covers issues starting from organic mechanisms that impact getting older to way of life, attitudes, and social factors
- Examines the demanding situations of humanity’s expanding lifestyles expectancy and comprises strategies for retaining and embellishing well being in later life
- Makes significant connections among learn and perform to hyperlink points of getting older that have formerly been thought of separate
- Part of the six-volume Wellbeing: a whole Reference Guide, which brings jointly prime learn from around the social sciences
Read Online or Download Wellbeing: A Complete Reference Guide, Wellbeing in Later Life Volume IV PDF
Similar gerontology books
''This is an excellent source for nurses and different healthcare execs offering deal with sufferers with Parkinson's affliction (PD) . This particular publication offers readers with entry to a number of specialists within the box and a wide selection of pertinent themes within the care of sufferers with PD. this can be an outstanding addition to the sector and may be tremendous important for interdisciplinary groups taking care of those sufferers.
The proliferation of previous age houses and lengthening numbers of aged dwelling by myself are startling new phenomena in India. those tendencies are on the topic of broad in a foreign country migration and the transnational dispersal of households. during this relocating and insightful account, Sarah Lamb indicates that older individuals are leading edge brokers within the tactics of social-cultural switch.
Revised papers initially provided at a workshop held December 1994 in Washington, D. C. Softcover.
The guide of getting older and the Social Sciences, 7e, summarizes the learn literature at the social points of getting older. The 7e may have 88% new fabric and authors with 25 chapters: 22 of the chapters can be on thoroughly new themes. Separated into 4 sections, the totally revised instruction manual will conceal concept and strategies, getting older and social constitution, social components and social associations, and getting older and society.
- Women in Later Life (Growing Older)
- Case Studies in Gerontological Nursing for the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Medical Adherence And Aging: Social And Cognitive Perspectives
- Quality of life and older people (Rethinking Ageing)
- Dementia and Wandering Behavior: Concern for the Lost Elder
Additional resources for Wellbeing: A Complete Reference Guide, Wellbeing in Later Life Volume IV
International differences in mortality at older ages. Dimensions and sources. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. 26 The Changing Demographic Context of Aging Crimmins, E. , Preston, S. , & Cohen, B. ). (2011). Explaining divergent levels of longevity in high-income countries. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. Demetrius, L. (1974). Demographic parameters and natural selection. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 71, 4645–4647. Demetrius, L. (1978). Adaptive value, entropy and survivorship curves.
Canudas-Romo, V. (2003). Decomposing change in life expectancy: A bouquet of formulas in honor of Nathan Keyﬁtz’s 90th birthday. Demography, 40, 201–216. Vaupel, J. , Carey, J. , & Christensen, K. (2003). It’s never too late. Science, 301, 1679–1681. 28 The Changing Demographic Context of Aging Vaupel, J. , & Lundstr¨om, H. (1994). Longer life expectancy? Evidence from Sweden of reductions in mortality rates at advanced ages. In D. A. ), Studies in the economics of aging (pp. 79–104). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Breslow, L. (2008). Lifestyle and reduced mortality among active California Mormons, 1980–2004. Preventive Medicine, 46(2), 133–136. Feichtinger, G. (1973). Bev¨olkerungsstatistik. Berlin: De Gruyter. Fries, J. F. (1980). Aging, natural death, and the compression of morbidity. New England Journal of Medicine, 303, 130–135. Glei, D. , & Horiuchi, S. (2007). The narrowing sex differential in life expectancy in high-income populations: Effects of differences in the age pattern of mortality. Population Studies, 61(2), 141–159.
- Download Thriller: Stories To Keep You Up All Night by Thriller Writer International PDF
- Download Fatal Impact by Kathryn Fox PDF